SVTA June 20, 2019 Membership Meeting
The Blackburn Inn
301 Greenville Avenue, Staunton, VA
Download registration form HERE or register online.
Registration Deadline: Thursday - June 13th
2:00 PM Blackburn Inn Tour. Join our host, General Manager Lacy Peterson, for a tour of this beautifully renovated and restored historic hotel in Staunton.
2:30 PM Registration Opens
3:00 PM Welcome by Greg Miller / President
Welcome to The Blackburn Inn / Lacy Peterson
Roundtable Discussion - Q&A
Creating Packages to Enhance the Leisure Guest Experience
Sheryl Wagner / Katie Campbell - Staunton CVB
Lacy Peterson - The Blackburn Inn
Developing a Plan to Attract Wedding Business
Harry Jarrett - On Sunny Slope Farm
Suzi Smith - The George Washington-A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Getting the Most from your SVTA Member Benefits
JoLynn Veney - SVTA Membership Sales Rep
Helen Morton - SVTA Membership Chair
4:00 PM Call to Order - Greg Miller / President
Financial Report - Steve Everidge / Treasurer
PR/Social Media Updates - Kathy Moore / Moore PR
New Business - Sept. 19 Member Meeting / The Edinburg Mill
5:00 PM Adjourn
Light reception to follow
I-81 / Exit 222. Merge onto 250 W/Richmond Road. Turn left onto Greenville Avenue. 301 Greenville Avenue. 540-712-0601.
Explore Staunton Optional Activities
1:00 p.m. Blackfriars Playhouse Tour
NOTE: Blackfriars needs a head count for this tour. Please email SVTA@mysvta.org if you want to do this tour.
Take your brain for a walk with the Traipse Tour app.
Explore streetscapes, historic landmarks, and locally owned businesses in downtown Staunton while challenging your brain with fun puzzles and clues.
Try the Statler Brothers Tour! Download the app before you arrive.
Downtown Lunch Options
- Reunion Bakery – great coffee and French pastries – sweet and savory.
- Yelping Dog – wine bar with cheese plates and yummy gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches.
- The Split Banana – homemade gelato and sorbet. Flavors like Sticky Rice, Cocoa Ancho & Virginia Peanut Butter.
- Baja Bean Co. – California style Mexican and really reasonably priced.
- Byers Street Bistro – huge salads, burgers, and sandwiches.
- Shenandoah Pizza – recently feature on Forbes.com for their Virginia Vineyard pie.
- Pampered Palate – sandwiches, salads, quiche – new downtown mural inside, you need to check it out!